Apparel Constructor has been developed for construction of patterns for apparel, footwear, headwear and upholstered furniture etc. It lets you construct apparel from creation of a base, or standard design to production startup, which also includes grading, styling, making derivative patterns (linings, fusings etc.). The software is adapted for work with textiles, cotton, leather and fur.
- clothing factories;
- custom apparel design;
- custom dress-making and tailoring;
- higher and special educational establishments;
- professional education for apparel constructors and apparel designers
Main Features (standard software package)
1 Input of patterns into the system
- parametric designing of base and/or model apparel designs
- The software package can include (must be purchased separately) more than 50 base apparel designs designed according to different methods, including Muller’s method; and a number of methods for designing underwear, workwear, headwear, cotton wear, handbags, and gloves. When purchasing Designer software (see description), you can input required methods for apparel designing, including you own original methods, and use them to design new apparel styles.
- copying from previously designed apparel styles
- You can copy patterns or groups of patterns from one or several styles and the system will make links to them.
2. Output and display of patterns on the screen
- you can output patterns onto the screen or remove them from the screen, replace, rotate, flip, bend over a certain line or overlap them; overlapped patterns can be combined in groups to make measurements, put lines on all the group patterns, perform styling, build derivative patterns etc.
3. Increasing allowances for seam processing and final hem processing
- the software lets you make allowances for seam processing (around all pieces or on separate pieces) with constant or variable seam width, taking into account seam and hem processing methods.
4. Inspection of apparel patterns for lengths (fittings)
- powerful system for measuring lengths and fittings allows to measure lengths of pieces, piece sections, distance between points (incl. superposed pieces) and its projection on coordinate axes, make algebraic expressions with selected lengths. You can view measurement results for all sizes and use them for pattern modifications.
5. Inspection of apparel patterns for their match to each other
- you can superpose two or several patterns and see their match for all sizes and make modifications to one, several or all sizes
6. Making necessary modifications
- you can mark or delete lines, eliminate deformations etc. on patterns of one, several or all sizes; modification value can be set for one size or all sizes;
7. Construction of derivative apparel patterns (lining, fusing, tacking etc.)
- with function for construction of most frequently used derivative patterns (facings, fusings, belts, flounces), you can efficiently construct derivative patterns on basis of base ones (also using pattern groups) and make their gradations;
8. Automatic reconfiguration of derivative patterns after modification of base ones
- this function also allows to fit a ready apparel design to an individual figure;
9. Sending patterns to print
- you can output on plotter and later send to printer separate patterns, their pieces, gradations, pattern groups on scale and in natural size; if patterns do not suit the printer paper size, they are printed piece by piece.
- Proportion grading method:you set necessary allowances in pattern control points on coordinate axes. Allowances can be equal or unequal in size range and can be set from size to size or for several sizes. There are also a number of functions to make grading easier and faster.
- Parametric grading method: can be applied with designs made on basis of certain methods; in this case grading is done automatically using measurements from measurement base.
- Measurement grading method: you set formulas based on measurements which then calculate allowance values to be made. This method is quite efficient for children’s apparel grading,
- Extra grading features:
- making patterns in temporary sizes from patterns of two available sizes;
- transit of patterns from size to size;
- making missing sizes proportionally from two closest sizes;
- control of availability of all pattern sizes;
- combination of several pattern gradations in one;
- conversion of patterns into another size scale.
2. Apparel styling:
- modifications of any kind and complexity can be made to nests or pattern groups.
3.Construction of separate patterns and pattern sets
- (sleeves, pockets, collars etc.) with help of macros.
4. Input of patterns with a digitizer:
- you can input a ready pattern incl. all its elements: hem, ready garment, grainline, inside contours, notches, pin holes, undercuttings etc.); you can also input one size pattern and then make its gradation.
5. Import of patterns:
Converter module lets you work with the following formats:
- AAMAANSI (DXF) of systems ASSYST, LECTRA, INVESTRONICA, GERBER, NOVOCUT;
- ASSYST (patterns and pattern layouts up to version 6 included);
- LECTRA (patterns and pattern layouts vet, iba and mdl);
- GERBER (patterns and pattern layouts);
- INVESTRONICA (patterns and pattern layouts of dos and windows versions);
- MICRODYNAMICS (patterns and pattern layouts);
- CONSULT (patterns);
- COMTENSE (patterns);
- CYBRID (patterns); GRACIA (patterns);
- STATURE (patterns);
- PAD (patterns);
- Grafis (patterns).
6. HPGL filing.
7.Pattern export to AAMAANSI (DXF) format.
8.Generation of technical documentation:
- specifications, measurement tables, fusing schemes.